Progress in the last few weeks!
. All the foundation and drainage work is done, including perimeter parking lot drainage which will stop water from up the hill from migrating to the buildings
· Interior blocking, stiffening and connections to the foundation are done. You can already feel the difference in the building when moving around – no more bouncing floors
· Seismic strengthening downstairs and upstairs is complete
· The new transept is framed, waiting for roof trusses to arrive
· The roof replacement has started, including structural plywood and blue waterproof membrane. The membrane will remain visible for a couple of months until the whole roof is ready for the new metal roofing material to be installed
· Plumbing upgrades are complete, eliminating the old copper pipes which were in danger of splitting, and a new feed to the church from the main service is complete
· Exterior structural wall sheathing to give additional strength is underway.