Serve in Worship
At St. Hilda’s, we invite -- no, we urge! -- any member of our congregation to take a role in our worship. What could this be? We're open to all ages; no experience required! Any "training" needed is quickly and happily provided.
- Read one of the Scriptural passages (we usually have a reading from both the Scriptures from the Old Testament and New Testament
- Lead the Prayers of the People -- click to find more information and resources. link to Prayers of the people
- Join our choir!
- Be a greeter (extend a warm welcome, point out facilities to guests and newcomers)
- Help prepare the Lord's Table for Eucharist (aka altar server)* Help distribute Communion as a chalice bearer
- Before or after services, help prepare the church for worship (setting or clearing the altar)
- Help with Coffee Time after the service
If you're new to church or new to us -- or new to any of these roles, just a quick word. We respect your schedule and your wishes. St. Hilda’s folk are delighted to have wide participation in worship. Contact the Rector or Wardens for more information.